Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Torture

I was locked in a cold, dark room with cement walls. However, I was not dismayed. I used my solitary time to practice my lines in my head. "I'm sorry."  "I repent." "I believe in your cause and I want to join." These phrases left a bitter taste in my mind, but I knew I had to say them convincingly. I was ready. So ready, in fact that when I heard the door unlock, I didn't wait until the figure opened the door all the way before I shouted "I repent."  "Change of plans." Davies says, entering my cell. "What is it?" "Come with me." I stand."Am I free?" "You will be if you play your cards right." I reluctantly walk over to an even smaller room. This one though, has a bucket of water on the floor. "I don't get it. Do I have chores now?" "I'll ask the questions." Davies scolds. "Fine." "Where is she?" He asks in a slightly calmer, yet still threatening tone. "I have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine." "Is it?" "Yes,it is." Davies shakes his head. He grabs me by the back of the head and forces my face under the icy cold water. "Where is she!" He asks, pulling my head back. I cough violently. "I don't know." He forces my head under water again. My arms flail frantically, and then he pulls my head back up. "Where is she?" "I told you I don't know." He dunks my head underwater again. This time he holds it slightly longer. I struggle to breath when he finally releases me. He waits for me to catch my breath. "I'll ask you one more time. Where is she?" "She went looking for Sgt. Rodgers. Sgt. Rodgers is trying to take over the tower, but you knew that." Davies smiles smugly. "Good work." He exits the small room, locking door behind him, leaving me alone to my thoughts. I wonder what I had just done.

No comments:

Post a Comment