Followers

Friday, December 23, 2016

Out in the Open

"What are you doing?" Sgt. Rodgers shouts. "Grabbing these." Freddy says, pointing to the floating globes. "Get down now." Freddy fearfully complies. "What the hell is the matter with you?" She asks. "We were trying to get the globes." Olivia jumps in. "I wasn't talking to you." Sgt. Rodgers snaps. " I had trouble collecting them." Freddy says."So you decided to climb to the top of the fence where you were out in the fence where you were out in open? You know they have scopes, right?" "I'm sorry." Freddy says, lowering her head. "Don't be sorry. Just don't do it." There is an awkward pause. "Well, show me you got." Freddy reaches in his vest pocket and takes out two handfuls of the globes. "That's it?" "I have some too. Olivia says, showing Sgt. Rodgers a small handful of globes. Sgt. Rodgers shakes her head. "At least it's something." "She's gonna help us find Norm." Freddy says happily. Sgt. Rodgers turns to Olivia. "Oh, is she?" "Yeah, she said Norm is captured. She's gonna help us get him." Sgt. Rodgers draws her gun on Olivia. "And how does she know Norm was captured?"  "Because I saw it happen!" Olivia shouts. Sgt. Rodgers continues to aime her gun at Olivia while she talks to Freddy. "I don't believe her do you?" "I don't know." Freddy replies honestly. "Well, I don't. Tell me, Freddy, are you good at following orders?" "Yes ma'am." "Good .Steady your shotgun on her. Don't let her move an inch." Freddy does so, and Sgt. Rodgers lowers her gun. "Are you going somewhere?" He asks. "No. I'm just getting a rope out of my bag. We won't hurt her, but we won't let her leave either."

No comments:

Post a Comment