Followers

Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Grand Tower

 We arrived at what Eagle Eyes and his men refer to as "the grand tower." The building seemed more sinister than ever. I stared straight up and could see no end in sight. The cold, grey, dilapidated skyscraper stretched on for miles. Davies conked me on the head. "Stop looking about." He then banged his fists on the steel door. He continued to pound his fists until a rat faced guard answered the door. "You're loud enough to wake the dead." He says. "I should hope so. I've been waiting out here a while." Davies replies. "I knew you were there. I had to size you up." The guard says, eyeing me. "Size me up? What's the matter with you?" "I wasn't sure of your intentions." Davies turns beat red. "My intention was to bring this scumbag in to torture." The guard looks into my eyes. "Wasn't there a girl with him?" The guard asks. "There was, but I wasn't able to capture her." Davies explains. "Pity. That means he'll be all by himself." The guard opens the door fully to reveal an assault rifle aimed at my chest. "I'll take him to the cell. You stay here. I'm sure the boss will want a word with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment