Followers

Friday, December 2, 2016

Don't Wait

"What makes you so damn cocky?" I ask Davies as he stubbornly continues to point his gun at us. "Because while you may be right that my bullets can't penetrate your shield , I know I can wait." "Wait for what?" Olivia questions. "I know you can't have that shield up constantly." "Yes, I can." Olivia shouts. "No, I don't think you can. It takes up too much energy. It's only a matter of time before you get tired. Then your protection is gone. Then I attack." "If that's the case, you're gonna be waiting a long time." I say. "I don't mind." Davies stares at us with a smug "gotcha" smile. "What do we do?" I whisper to Olivia. "Only thing we can do. We wait." She replies. "That doesn't seem like a good idea." "You got a better idea?" She asks, annoyed. "Yeah, I'm going out there." "No, that's a worse idea." "Perhaps, but he's not going away." "But you'll be-"  Before I could hear Olivia finishing her sentence , I found myself pushing out of the bubble. Nothing can get in the bubble,  but anything can get out. We are always free leave. It just takes a little force. I pushed with all my might. I soon found myself face to face with Davies. Initially he was shocked, and then a weird delighted expression came over his face as I heard Bang! The devil tried to shoot me.He missed, but I was angered enough at the murder attempt to ball my hand into a fist. I punched his face so hard that his head turned. He spat blood and teeth. I saw him attempt to raise his gun again, so I swept his legs. He immediately fell backwards. His gun slidded across the floor. Then for no reason other than sheer adrenaline, I started to kick him in the ribs. Olivia shouted at me to stop. "Stop. No more." I stopped at her request at stared at this bloody mess of a soldier. Olivia throws down her shield and walks over to me. "Wow, you took care of him." "Yeah, I did." I say, panting. "Now its time to take care of you." "What?" "You're bleeding. He shot you in the shoulder."

No comments:

Post a Comment