Followers

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Caterpillar Ride

It took the greater part of the day to get to Hilda's Inn, and that was with the caterpillar taking short cuts going up and down trees. I can only imagine how long it would have taken if Olivia and I decided to walk the whole way. We slid off the caterpillar. We thanked him thoroughly and paid him handsomly. It was then that I realized that the opening in the willow tree was some distance up. I had forgotten that there was at least a foot between the base of the tree and the opening. It's nothing when you are normal size, but quite a Journey otherwise. "Hey, can you do one more thing for us?" I ask the caterpillar. "Afraid I can't." The caterpillar starts to scoot away. "Come on, we just need to get in there." "Sorry, I'm already miles away." "Please." I beg. "Forget him." Olivia says. I sigh. I look up at the tree.  "I guess we can climb this thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment