Followers

Friday, March 10, 2017

Sleepy Desk Clerk

The main building felt as if we was a mile away. We trudged up a steep hill to find a delapadated Victorian house. The front lights were on, but it didn't exactly look official. However, the front door was wide open. So, we took that as an inducation to come in. Inside there was a giant centipede sleeping behind the desk. Olivia rang the belle repeatedly to get his attention. He jerked his head off the desk, frightened. "What? Who are you? What do you want?" "Relax. We don't mean any harm. We just want a room." I say. "A room?" "Yeah, a room." The centipede yawns. "You really should have come earlier." "We know, but do you have a room?" Olivia asks. "That depends. What are you looking for?" Olivia squints her eyes. "A place with a bed. Maybe a bathroom too." "I mean are you looking for something with a view?" "We're not looking for anything in particular. We just want something where we can rest for a few hours." I clarify. The centipede  takes a deep breath. He turns to the wall off keys. He takes a key off the wall and tosses it on the desk. "Room 56. It's pretty basic. No view or anything, but it's got your bed and your bathroom." I pick up the key. "That's perfect." Olivia and I start to walk away. "I forgot to tell you. Check out is at 11, but the continental breakfast is at 10." "You have a continental breakfast?" I ask. Olivia shoots me a "no fucking way" look. "Oh yeah, I make everything myself." Olivia half smiles. "We'll see. We might not be up." We take off in the dark to find out motel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment