Followers

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Same Cabbie

It seemed as if as soon as the singer got off the phone a black beetle showed up. I watched in awe as it landed. A thought creeped in my mind. I wondered if this was the same beetle from before, but I quickly dismissed the idea. It seemed unlikely. The beetle apologized profusely to the band. Despite the singer's lack of patience earlier he had no  ill will at this time. Perhaps it's easier sound tough over the phone. At any rate we watched the band climb onto the beetle, almost forgetting we were invited on the tour. "Ain't ya gonna join us?" The drummer asks. The beetle darts his eyes at us. "Wait a minute. I know you." "We know them too!" The rhythm guitarist shouts. "Uh huh. And how do you know them?" The beetle asks.  "They went to our show. They like our music." "And that's enough for you to be instant friends with them?" The beetle asks. "Relax. These people are alright." The singer says. The beetle scoffs. "I'm only doing my job." "And you're doing a very fine job, but I'm telling you you have nothing to worry about." "Fine. They can come, but if they turn out to be psychopaths I won't say I told you so." Olivia and I climb aboard the beetle. "Now, is everyone accounted for?" The beetle asks, annoyed. "Yes, we're all here." I say. "Good. Where to?" The Box Elders shout excitedly at the same time. "To River Bank!"

No comments:

Post a Comment