Followers

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Motel Parking Lot

I expected to see gambling boats, boardwalk restaurants, and street performers when we arrived at River Bank. Instead I got to see a rundown motel. Lights were missing from the sign, room numbers were upsidedown, and the parking lot was littered with cigarette butts and broken bottles. Nevertheless the band seemed excited when the beetle announced that we arrived. They slipped off the beetle. Each one thanking him for a safe ride, and then they all went to their individual rooms. Olivia and I slide off the beetle after they left. We stood in the parking lot, doumbfounded for a few minutes. "What's the matter?" The beetle asks. "Um.. well." I try to find the words. "This is not how you were picturing River Bank?" "Yes!" "That's because it's night time. You really expect everything to be open now?" "I guess I did." The beetle shakes his head. "No. All the fun stuff is closed now. Get some rest, we'll do something in the morning." Olivia bites her lip. "Ok, which one is our room?" The beetle snickers. "You don't have a room reserved." "What about the band? How did they get in?" I ask. "Because I reserved rooms for them days ago.How was I to know you'd join us?" "You're right, but is there any way for us to get a room tonight?" "Main building is that a way. Someone should be up now." The beetle says, pointing his head in the distance. Olivia and I shake our heads and walk to the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment