Followers

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Where's the Cab?

We waited and waited. Finally, Olivia asked about the cab. To which the singer replied that it was on its way. We waited some more. It seemed as though our ride would never show. "Daryl, did you call him?" The singer asks the bass player. "Of course I did. Why? You don't think I did?" "We've been out here quite a while." "That's just your problem. You never give me any credit. Maybe it's a good thing we're breaking up after all." "Alright. Don't get emotional. I was just asking." We stand in silence for another ten minuets. The singer turns to the bass player again. "Ya didn't call him." "I did!" "Yeah, now I don't believe you." "If you don't believe me then why don't you call him yourself?" "Maybe I will!" The singer takes out a tiny, little cell phone. He dials and walks away. I tried not to listen, but I couldn't help myself. "Where are you?...What are you doing there?.... Yes, it was tonight. How could you forget?... Yeah, yeah, well, get here as soon as you can." The singer hangs up the phone and walks back over to us. "There was a mix up. He'll be here soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment