Followers

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Ladybugs

My prayers were not answered. I suppose asking for a quiet breakfast was a bit too much. I should explain, I don't mind meeting and befriending new and exciting people. I just would like to do it on my own time. Preferably when I'm more awake. The husband and wife ladybug walked over to us. Before I had a chance to say "No we'd like to eat alone" and sound like a dick, they pulled out two seats and sat down by us. "I'm Mitch. This is my wife, Myrtle." The husband lady bug says. Olivia introduces us to the ladybugs. There is a brief silence. "This your first time in River Bank?" Mitch asks. "Sure is. " Olivia says. And then, "What is there to see?" Mitch stared at us, shocked. "What is there to see?" He gasps. "Yeah, what is there to see?" Olivia asks. "For starters there are shows and gambling." "Shows? Like lounge singers?" I ask. "There is that, but I personally think the main attraction is this 60's cover  band. They go by the name The Box Elders." Myrtle says. "We saw them last night." I reply. Myrtle's mouth is wide open. "Get out." "Yeah, we actually came in with them." Mitch smiles. "How did you get so lucky?" I shrug. "I don't know. Right place. Right time." "I'll say. What are they like?" Myrtle asks. Olivia and I stare at each other for a moment. The first two words that come to mind are drunk and depressed. However, Olivia, like a politician found the right answer. "They are quite the characters." The Ladybugs are a glow. It is as if by knowing us they know the Box Elders. "I wonder where they are though. They're gonna miss breakfast." I say. "Oh, honey. Did you really expect them to come down here for breakfast?" Myrtle asks. "I guess I did. " She shakes her head. "Oh no, I'm sure they had breakfast delivered to their rooms. I wouldn't even  be surprised if you don't see them till tonight." "Me either, but don't worry. You two seem nice. We'll show you around River Bank. Make sure you have a fun time today." Mitch adds. I try to hide my discomfort. All I can seem to say is "Sounds great."

No comments:

Post a Comment