Followers

Friday, March 24, 2017

Stood Up

The signing stretched into the wee hours of the night. I was surprised the ladybugs were willing to wait it out so long. Several times I reminded them that they didn't have to stay. They always responded with "Are you kidding me?" Or "We wouldn't miss this for the world. "Finally, around 1 a.m., the last person in line had their merchandise signed. All of the lights were turned on and the janitorial staff came out. The band stood up. Naturally, I expected them to come to the bar. However, they walked the opposite direction, away from the bar. "Where are you going?" I shouted. "Don't worry. We haven't forgotten about you guys. We just gotta do some stuff. " The singer says. The band exits the lounge. We wait and we wait. A full two hours pass. It is at this point that Olivia and I realize that the band isn't coming back. The ladybugs on the other hand remain optimistic. So we wait another hour. A testy fly bartender informs us that it's closing time, and that we don't have to go have go home, but we can't stay here. We comply with the bartender. Olivia and I apologize to the ladybugs hangdoggedly.  They still have spry energy. They say it's ok and that they are probably at the motel now. I go along with the ladybugs' plan of springing up on them at the motel just so I can give the band a piece of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment