Followers

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Meet N' Greet

It was neat to see the Box Elders' many fans patiently waiting for the band to sign their merchandise. Some brought records or cassettes. Some brought hats or T - shirts. No one in line was without a Box Elder product of some sort. It made me wonder, did they all bring these items on the off chance that the band would do a signing afterwards?Maybe there was a merchandise seller somewhere. I suppose that would make sense. I didn't see anything, but I was pretty engrossed in the show. Olivia and I waited in line for our chance to "meet" the band. When we finally got to walk up to the table, the singer gave us a huge smile. " There you are. We were worried about you." "Oh sorry. We were given a tour of the town." I say. "It's alright. Fascinating town. I hope you two had a nice time." Before we had a chance to respond, the rhythm guitarist interrupts us. "Do you have something for us to sign?" "Hey! Don't be a dickhead." The singer shouts. "Well, do you?" The rhythm guitarist asks. Olivia and I shake our heads. "Then I'm afraid you're gonna have to go. You're holding up the line." Not wanting to cause anymore trouble, Olivia and I start to walk away. The singer calls after us. "We'll meet you by the bar. It shouldn't be much longer."

No comments:

Post a Comment