Followers

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

No Taxis

Olivia and I decided that we had our fill of insect world and would head back to Hilda's Inn to our original sizes. The only problem is that when you are tiny everything is a long distance away. Footprints became craters. Puddles became lakes. After walking what would be a foot in our normal size, we became dog tired. We nearly collapsed. "I know what you said earlier about the taxi, but-" "Forget what I said. We're getting a taxi." I say. We both stick our thumbs out. Unlike last time, no taxi shows up automatically. "That's weird." Olivia says. "Don't worry. someone will see us." I assure. We continue to walk with our thumbs out. We grow even more tired, and we want to give up, but we can't. "Maybe they are all on break." Olivia suggests. We both go with the suggestion and continue onward. Now our legs are like noodles. We can barely stand. Our vision is blurry. I think I see something, but I'm not sure. "You see that?" I ask. "Yeah. It says bus stop." It takes a minute , but we both shout with excitement. We use what energy we have left to amble over to the stop, and then we collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment