Followers

Friday, March 31, 2017

Leaf Pit

Because the base of the willow tree was on an angle, it wasn't difficult to scale. Exhausting, a little, but difficult? Hardly. When we got to the opening  I wanted to jump right in. Olivia, however, pulled me back."Wait. We don't know how deep it is." She warned. Olivia shot a pink heart out of her palm. It traveled for a long distance in the dark before finally  landing on a pile of leaves.The heart illuminated the hollow and gave the leaves a pink glow. "It's beautiful." Olivia says in admiration. "Yeah, and even better, it's safe." Without waiting for a response from Olivia, I jump into the pit. Pink, enormous, crunchy leaves rush before my eyes. I'm falling and falling, but I'm not scared. It's like when you are a child, but better. I stop before hitting the bottom. That's when I hear Whoosh. I swim up the many layers of pink leaves. It takes some time, but I eventually find a smiling Olivia under a leaf. "That was fun." She says.  "It was. You ready to go in now?" She reluctantly nods and we swim away. We unexpectedly bump into a wall. "What is this?" Olivia asks. I grope the wall. "I don't know,  but it feels like a door." "Why would there be a door here? There wasn't one before." "Couldn't tell you." I knock on the door with my little fists. "No one's going to hear us." She says. "Well, we gotta do something." "I know. We might have to get out of here. "

No comments:

Post a Comment