Followers

Monday, October 30, 2017

2 Mile Walk

We estimated that the nearest town was two miles away. How I wish that was the case. After two miles the only thing we saw was a massive cornfield.  However, I took that was a good thing. It meant that we were that much closer to civilization. Sure enough I soon spotted a farm house and a silo off in the distance. It wasn't close, but I started walking to it nonetheless. I felt a little tug at my cape. Then I looked back. Olivia was holding it firmly in her hand. "Where are you going?" She asks. "The farm." "You really think that's a good idea?" "Well, yes. They probably have food." "And if they don't?" "Then they have somewhere warm where we can sit down and rest for a few." "What makes you think they'll be so hospitable?" I shrug. "Just a hunch, I guess." "They could shoot you." Olivia says. "And you can shoot them. Remember, your pink hearts?" Olivia sighs and drops my cape. "Alright. Don't say I didn't warn you though."

No comments:

Post a Comment