Followers

Friday, October 6, 2017

Cappuccinos

Norm studies our money carefully. He flips it over and over. "Something wrong with our money?" Olivia asks. "I told you. Your money's no good here." He says, holding the dollar up to the light. "And why's that?" Olivia asks. "Because we're friends." He says with a big smile. Olivia raises an eyebrow.  "We are?" "We are. And boy am I glad you guys are back. Heard you got sucked up into the sky. Sounds scary." "It was intense." I reply. Norm smiles. He pushes our money across the counter. "I can't take this." "Well, if you insist." Olivia says, grabbing her money. "I do. Now, what can I get you? ON The House?" "How about two coffees?" Olivia asks. "Coffee?" "Is that ok?" "Sure it's ok. It just seems a little strange coming in to a fountain shop and ordering coffee." "I know, but it's all we want." Olivia says. "How about a cappuccino? It'll give me an excuse to use the cappuccino machine." "That sounds fine." Norm scurries away. There is a little swearing on his end as he fumbles with the machine. But he comes back a couple minuets later with three foamy(slightly messy) cappuccinos. Olivia and I take our mugs. Norm stops us before we can take a sip. "To friendship." He says. "To friendship." Olivia and I repeat. We clink our mugs and take a sip. It's a bit more bitter that I was hoping for, but free is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment