Followers

Friday, October 27, 2017

Cornelius

I knew I had seen stranger things in the past , but for whatever reason my mind simply did not want to believe that there was a headless man standing before me. I looked around the body, trying to see if this was some sort of illusion. "What's the matter? Haven't you seen a headless man before?" I raised an eyebrow. I grew more curious. How could it speak without a mouth? "I said what's the matter? Haven't you seen a headless man before?" It asks again. "I have seen many things, but I have never seen a headless man." I respond. "Then I'm glad I could be the first." He puts out his hand that isn't holding the candle. "Cornelius." I shake his gloved hand. "Cornelius?" I say, wondering why his name is the strangest thing so far. "Your name is Cornelius too?" He asks. "No,  it's-" "Doesn't matter. What do you want?" "What do I want? You were the one throwing pumpkins at me." "Thats right." He starts laughing again. He reaches into his frock coat. He pulls out a squash and hurls it at my legs. "Cut it out." I shout. "Is that what you want?" He asks. "Yes." "Anything else?" "I want to get the hell out of here." "Fair enough. " Cornelius snaps his fingers. He instantaneously disappears. My darkened room ripples. The reality slowly changes until I am back at the muddy ground with Olivia,  and it as if nothing had happened at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment