Followers

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Burning Red

We stumbled back to the tower feeling quite over caffeinated and full of wonderful ideas on what we could do with the blueprints. When we got back all the doors and windows were shut. This did not prove to be a red flag for us as it defiinitely should have. Olivia placed her hand on the front door, expecting it to push in. Instead, she jumped back and help her hand in pain. "Fuck." She shouted. "The door is a million degrees." I stare up at the bright red shining through the windows. "The building's on fire." "Impossible." I point to the windows that are glowing red. "I'm not convinced that's a fire." She says. "Then what is it?" "I don't know, but we have to get in there." "Are you crazy?" I shout. "We have to get those blueprints before someone else does. " "But the fire." "It's not a fire. Come on." Olivia leads me to the side of the building where we crept in through the window last time. Just like last time, the window was wide open. We motion closer to the window, and as if could read our thoughts, it slams shut. I turn to Olivia. "Ok, maybe it's not a fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment