Followers

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Slide Burn

We gradually gained speed as we spiraled to Earth down a metal slide. Nothing could stop us, and that was the problem. We couldn't be stopped. We were like two speeding bullets. I tried to grab hold of the sides, but it didn't work. We continued to speed along. Thankfully, there was a pile of dead leaves at the end of the slide. It wasn't much, but at least it gave us some sort of cushion. We took a moment to collect ourselves. We were like two rag dolls. "I think I left part of myself on that slide." Olivia says, grabbing her neck. "Me too." I reply. "Why did you have to make it metal?" "Because metal slides are fast. Perhaps too fast." Olivia nods. "Not to mention they burn. Look at this." Olivia shows me her shin. There appear to be several layers of skin missing. I whistle. "We'll have to get something for that." Olivia glances at her surroundings. All she can see is dead leaves and mud. "Probably a bit of a walk into town." I shrug. "Maybe. Maybe there's a nearby farm." "That's still gotta be a bit of a walk." She says. "I can go by myself." I suggest. Olivia shakes her head. "No, I'll come with." We start to walk away, but something catches my eye in the sky. "What is it?" Olivia asks. "I think its coming down the slide." I say pointing to the entity. "Well, let's draw something on the blueprints then."  I search the ground. "What now?" Olivia asks. "The blueprints fell out fell out of my hands on the slide, but don't worry. They've go to be around her somewhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment