Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Money Making

"Are you thinking of making more twenties?" "Close. Think bigger." Olivia says with a big smile. "50's? 100's." "Whatever we want. This is the start of something big." I take a deep breath. "I don't know about this." "What's the issue?" "Is this ethical?" I ask. "Just think of it as money making." "You mean money laundering?" I quip. "I like to believe that I'm not the only person who would use the magic blueprints for this purpose." She says. "I guess, it just feels..dirty. what if we get caught?" "Why would we get caught?" "Well, the American dollar has all sorts of crazy things on it to prevent a counterfeit copy." I explain. "And we have an exact copy." "Yes, we have an exact copy of the one you drew from memory." Olivia nods slowly. "I see what you are getting at. I need to have one that I can work off." "No. That's not what I'm saying at all." "What's the matter? Don't you trust my artistic abilities?" "I do, but-" "Then can I please have a twenty?" I sigh and reach into my front pocket. A second later I pull out a crumpled up single. "What's this?" She asks with a slight look of disgust. "It's a single." "No twenties?" She asks. I shake my head.  "It's all I got." "Well, I suppose it'll add to the authenticity." Olivia neatly places the single on the desk. She then picks up the pencil and gets to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment