Followers

Monday, October 23, 2017

Can't Find It

We frantically searched the muddy grounds for blueprints. At one Olivia asked "How far could it have gone?" Even though she innately knew answer was "Far." It was the kind of question that one asks aloud if only to ease tension. I saw the misty, grey skull barreling down the slide and I knew we wouldn't find the blueprints in time. So, I did the only thing I felt I had the power at the time, I walked away. "What are you doing?" Olivia asks. "He'll be here any minuet." I say. "Yeah, but you can't outrun it." "Probably not, but it's not wise for me to just stand here." "What if you had one of these?" Olivia says, throwing up her pick shield. I look up at her gigantic pink bubble of protection. I nod slowly. "Yeah, I guess I can wait it out in that."

No comments:

Post a Comment