Followers

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chained Together

Apparently the volcano was on the opposite side of the island , or whatever kind of land was that were on. We were chained together with our hands behind our backs. Men with spears stood behind us, and two men with spears led the way in front of us. We were pulled through the dense jungle. I have to say, if it wasn't for the aspect of our own demise, this trek would have been lovely. The jungle is really interesting. If I treat these men with spears like scouts rather than captors it isn't so bad. I'm aware it is a lie I tell myself, but the lie does help. It's a long walk, and they don't let us rest. Not for a minute. The moment one of us starts to slow down, one of them will yank the chain, forcing us to quicken our pace. It was almost a relief after the arduous journey to see the volcano in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment