Followers

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Judge Peter

"How do you plead?" Judge Peter asks. "Guilty." I reply, holding to the belief that if we admit wrongdoing they'll let us off easy. Peter strokes his beard. "Interesting, you admit what you did." "There isn't really much question about that." I say. "I suppose not." "So, what are you gonna do with us then?" Olivia asks. Peter leans back in his chair. "Death by volcano." "What?" We shout in unison. "The crime you committed was a very serious one. Surely, you don't expect me go light on you." "But Peter, it's us." I yelp. Peter squints his eyes. "You don't recognize us?" Olivia says. "No, should I?" "Yes, you're the reason we became members of the Wellness Center." I inform. "Wellness Center?" He replies. "You were the gatekeeper. You guarded the gates night and day." Olivia adds. Peter snorts. "This me in a parallel universe had a boring job." "But you loved it." I tell him. "Even if these tales you tell me are true, I highly doubt I would enjoy it. How could anyone be content with a job like that?" "Because you weren't there all the time. You also spent some of your time with the falcons. You loved them." I say. Peter turns white. "The falcons belong here. The fact that they were anywhere else only confirms my belief that you two are unsavory characters." Peter bangs his gavel. "Death by volcano!" The crowd goes wild. Everyone is cheering and applauding. Peter makes his exit, and we are carried out once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment