Followers

Friday, October 2, 2015

Courtroom

We waited in our cramped cage for quite some time.Right as I allowed myself to feel hope that maybe they were going to leave us alone, we were lifted into the air. A group of people carried us in the cage down a narrow corridor. I could not see where they were leading us as it was still very dark. They sat us down in the center of the room and then dispersed. Another person lit a torch. It illuminated the whole room. We could see what looked like the rest of the tribe sitting in jurors seats. Both the males and females have a similar look to the old woman. They are all gaunt, and have long grey hair. They ware mostly rags and drab sack cloths. They talk amongst themselves. I can't discern a word they are saying, but I know it's not good. They're smiling and laughing too much. This hardly seems fair. "Quiet!Now!" An an authoritative tribesman says. He stands next to the Judge's box. I have a feeling he may be their bailiff. "You're honor is now here." He casually continues. No one stands for the judge as he walks to his box. I want to though as soon as I get look at him. It's an old, familiar face. It's our friend Peter. He traded in his white suite for a sackcloth. I don't know what he is doing with them, but maybe this is good for us. Maybe he can turn things around for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment