Followers

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Volcano

Surprisingly it didn't take long to reach the top of the volcano. Maybe it was smaller than I thought, or perhaps after the long hike my mind lost all concept of time. It felt like minutes , but it could have been hours. I truly do not know. At any rate when we reached the top Peter and the old woman were waiting there for us. We we positioned in front of Peter and the old woman. "Peter, you don't have to do this." I cry. "Who is this Peter?" He asks. "It's you." Olivia replies. "He knows not that name." The old woman informs. "I was born a long time ago, but I've only recently come alive. " He adds. "What are you talking about?" I ask. Peter extends his arm. "This is where I belong. My memories are coming back to me." Peter wraps his arm around the old woman. "I have my sister, Ruth to thank for this." She's your sister?" Olivia questions. "Is that so hard to believe?" She blurts. I shake my head no. " I guess not, but still you don't have to do this." I say. "I do. We are a proud people. You will not be able to change my mind on this. Do you have any last words?" "Yes, we were not given a fair trial." I insist. Peter and Ruth look at each other, then back at us. "Interesting last words." Ruth replies. "Indeed." Peter says. Peter looks to the men behind us. "You heard them. Now is the time." The men behind us aggressively shove their spears in our direction. "Those weren't our last words." We plead as we're shoved in the direction of the volcano. We attempt to escape. Ruth holds her staff in the air and demands quiet. Everything stops and all eyes are on her. "I forgot one thing." She points her staff at us. She unleashes all the pink hearts that she previously absorbed. Every single one of them hits us. We are now unnaturally optimistic. We don't fight our sentence anymore, and we feel it is a good idea. We hold hands, look at each other, and on the count of three jump head first into the mouth of the volcano.

No comments:

Post a Comment