Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Throne

We were lifted up high and taken to a room filled with gold coins. We were seated on two purple, velvet chairs that were on a raised platform. I cannot speak for Olivia , but I'll admit I kinda let it go to my head. Perhaps this isn't the best form of attention, but it still felt nice none the less. Especially when I looked out to the sea of adoring fans. Approving cheers echoed off the cave walls. We didn't say a word. We let them go on and on till they ran out of steam. When it became quieter, Ruth spoke up. "Why did you come back?" "You want to know why we came back?" Olivia asks, worriedly. "Yes, there must be a reason." She continues. Olivia turns to me, stunned. "There is, but your minds could not comprehend." I reply. "Are you saying we aren't smart?" Someone from the crowd asks. "No, but there is intelligence and then there is intelligence." I add. "I don't understand." Someone else says. I smile. "Exactly." The crowd bursts into cheers and applause. The room is boisterous once more. Ruth bangs her staff against the stone floor. Everyone stops their celebrating. All eyes and ears are on her. "Maybe you can't tell us why you came back, but perhaps you could give us all a message? What kind of deity would you be without a message?" I take a deep breath. "I do have a message." "And that is?" She asks, gleefully. "It is that you shouldn't ask questions. Your Gods do not like that. We can annihilate you if we please. " The crowd panics. Ruth remains calm. "Very well. Everyone out. We don't want to overcrowd them."

No comments:

Post a Comment