Followers

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Caged

We awoke in a small cage. It was big enough for us both as long as we stayed in a sitting position. The bars we made of thick bamboo. We were in a dark room of some sort. We couldn't see anything other than shadows and grey walls. "Where are we?" Olivia wonders out loud. "You're in a holding cell until we decide what to do with you." The voice of the old woman replies from the shadows. "Where are you?" I shout. "Right here." She says, creeping into the light. We're now able to view her withered face. "Why are we here?" I demand. "You took something that didn't belong to you. Now you must pay." "The berries? Is that what you're talking about?" Olivia asks. "Yes, it is." "How were we supposed to know not to take them?" Olivia questions. "You just were." "We didn't know the rules." I say. The old woman looks down. "Not my problem." "Let us out." Olivia cries. "I can't do that." Olivia, completely feed up, attempts to shoot the old woman with pink hearts. Once again the old woman raises her staff and absorbs the pink hearts. "As I said, you will remain here until we figure out what to do with you." The woman walks backwards into the shadows. "How long are we supposed to wait?" I shout. "The judge should be here soon, and then we'll know." The next noise we hear is metal door slamming shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment