Followers

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chosen Ones

"What the hell is going on?" I think out loud. Peter raises his head. "You are the chosen ones." "What? Us?" Olivia says, confused. "Yes. " He replies. "Didn't you just try to kill us?" Olivia questions. "Yes,but we didn't know. " He says. "Perhaps it was the only way we would know. " Ruth adds. "Are you sure we're the chosen ones?" I ask. "Yes." He responds ,simply. "I don't know." "It's no mistake, you are the chosen ones." Ruth shouts. I half smile. " I don't know. This is weird. " Olivia pulls me aside. "What are you doing? " she asks. "They think we're Gods." "I know, go along with it." I squint in confusion. " I feel normally you'd be telling me the opposite. " " Probably, but they're an unpredictable group. We need them on our side as much as possible " She informs. "What's the next step?" "We confirm that we are the chosen ones." I turn to the tribe. Olivia grabs my arm. "One more thing . Don't make this into a theatrical show ." I nod and clear my throat. "My people. ." "Shoot. " I think. I had already made it a theatrical production. Oh well, too late to turn back now. "We are indeed your Gods and are very angry with the way things have been going around here. We should smite you all , but we won't. " That's where I ended my speech . I wasn't sure how to continue . There was a long silence. Everyone just stared at us. I wasn't sure if they saw through the facade, or they truly were afraid. Then Peter broke the silence. "You heard them! Make them at home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment