Followers

Monday, October 26, 2015

Exiled

It was an awkward meal. We ate in silence as every eye was on us. The vibe definitely changed. It wasn't as friendly and lively as it once was. We were surrounded by fear, suspicion, and dread. You may be thinking why didn't we just fire hearts at them? Change their collected perspective on us? We kind of thought "what's the point?" They didn't want us in their society, so why stay? Why should we force someone to like us? Besides we were only being exiled. It didn't seem that bad. I don't know why we weren't be sentenced to death again. Perhaps we were not seen as a threat. At any rate , I was happy to finish my porridge and say "Good riddance." Peter and Ruth led us to the center of the forest. This time we were not in chains and there were no spears to our backs. It was a long walk though. It was a very long walk. Just as my legs were about to give out , Ruth whistled. A second later a falcon circled over head. She whistled again and it swooped down. I wasn't positive, but at that point I was almost certain it was Penny. "This is the runt. Take her with you." Ruth instructs. "Where should we go?" I ask. "I don't care as long as it's far from here."

No comments:

Post a Comment