Followers

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Ambush?

"Are we there yet? I feel like we've been traveling for weeks." Todd asks in an exasperated tone. His shoulders are slumped forward and he is practically keeled over. The hunter laughs. "It does seem that way. Who knows, maybe we have been? But in order to throw them off we can't enter directly." "What are you talking about?" "You'll know soon enough." A faint squawk can be heard in the distance. The hunter turns to Todd. He speaks to Todd in a whisper. "Did you hear that?" "No." Another squawk can be heard. This one is much louder. "Surely you heard that one." "I did. It sounded like a bird. Maybe a hawk or a falcon." His eyes gleam. "Did you say falcon?" The hunter asks. "Yes, that's what it sounded like to me." He replies, excitedly. "That means we don't have much time." The hunter aims his bow and arrow to the sky. "What are you doing?" Todd shouts. "The falcons are the Queen's eyes and ears. She sent them to spy on us." "Don't be ridiculous. They aren't spies. They belong to me." The hunter lowers his bow and arrow. "Did you say they belong to you?" "Yes, I did." The hunter quickly grabs Todd and slams him against a tree. "I knew I shouldn't trust you. What kind of trap were you leading me into?" "No trap." Todd pleads, gasping for air. "I'll see about that." The hunter releases Todd. Then, without warning, he fires an arrow into the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment