Followers

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Brute

Olivia protects the hunter with a bubble. It was much needed. The falcons innately knew that this was not a man to be trusted. Five falcons rushed the hunter. They charged head first into the bubble. It took a mighty blow, but withstood the initial shock. The falcons, however, kept clawing and pecking at the bubble, weakening it ever so slightly. I had to scream "Stop" at the top of my lungs. That did the trick. All eyes were on me now. "Enough. He is our friend." I heard one of the falcons caw at me. "It's true. He no longer wishes to fight us." I continue. Todd pipes up. "I will speak on his behalf. Though this hunter is impulsive in his actions, he can be be trusted." The falcons squawk in disgust. "Quiet. I'm sure it was all a mistake." Peter says. His command is the only one they will listen to, and they are now silent. "Thank you." The hunter says. "Don't push your luck. I'm still not sure why we brought you with us." Olivia snaps. "Be kind. I'm sure he has valuable insights." Peter insists. "I do. There is a silent war that has been going on for some time." The hunter adds. Olivia rolls her eyes. "I'm sure there is, but that's not exactly our problem." "We need to free those that are held captive." He replies. "And how are we going to do that?" She asks. "I am an excellent archer. I have brute force." He says, confidently. "That's great, but even though we're growing in numbers there is still more of them. Plus we can't exactly sneak up on them with our falcon army." She responds. "You're right. I will go alone. The rest of you can wait in my wife's cabin if you wish. That will be our headquarters." "You're trying to tell us you'll take our their entire army single handedly?" She questions. "No, I will be accompanied by that man." The hunter points to Todd. "He may not be the best warrior, but he has proved himself loyal." "How do you feel about that?" Peter asks. Todd is so excited that he can barely breath. "Are you kidding me? Finally someone understands my worth." Todd starts to dismount the falcon. The hunter stops him. "One falcon is fine, but I ask you to fly high, my friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment