Followers

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

New Friend

The hunter offers his hand. I'm reluctant to grab."What's this about? " I ask. "I admire how you fought like hell to get out of there." He replies. "Thanks." I grab his hand and hoist myself up. Everything hurts. "But tell me why were you spying on me?" "I wasn't. I came to get him." I say, pointing to Todd. The hunter smiles. "Oh you came to get that guy?" "I did. Although I'm not sure why anymore. It's not like he helped me." The hunter laughs. "He wasn't very helpful, was he?" "What did you want me to do? " Todd blurts. "Certainly not stand around. " I remark. The hunter steps between us. "Easy fellas." He turns to Todd. "I'm glad you got you your employee back, and I'm glad I can trust you both. But I need you to stop fighting. We're a team now." "You guys can be a team together. I'm finding my real team." I start to walk away. The hunter yanks me back by the cape. "Where are you going?" He asks. "I'm glad we can all trust each other , but I have to find Olivia and the falcons." "Make them come here." The hunter says. "They won't come anywhere near here if they feel they are in danger." I reply. "Why would they feel they are in danger?" The hunter asks. "You were literally just firing at them." I shout. "Fair enough, but how are you going to find them?" "I'm going to climb the highest tree I can find. I'll probably be able to wave them in from there." The hunter shakes his head. "No, you are in no shape to be climbing a tree. " "I know that, but what am I supposed to do? It's not like I can send you up." The hunter's eyes light up. "Send this man up." He says, slapping Todd on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment