Followers

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Enemy Fire

An arrow whizzed past us. It narrowly avoided Penny's head. I assumed it was a stray arrow that missed its mark. However, after countless more arrows were fired into the sky I knew it was no accident. Someone had targeted us. Olivia took up her position as leader. She instructed the falcons to gain in altitude. This, she believed would put us out of range of the enemy arrows. Unfortunately the plan did not work. It was now evident that we were dealing with an expert marksman. We ziged and zaged, desperately trying to avoid being hit. I held on to the reins as tightly as I could. My knuckles were white. The only problem was at that height the wind was fierce. Holding on became near impossible as the wind was pushing me back and the falcons were maneuvering in every possible direction with no warning. At one point Penny did a barrel roll. That's when I lost my grip. I fell into an abyss, an no one knew. They were all busy fighting for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment