Followers

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Found

It didn't take long for the soldiers to find me. I suppose they are trained at that sort of thing. At any rate, once I heard the stampede of nearby footsteps I knew there was no point in running. I sprung up from the bushes with my arms raised above my head. One of the soldiers menacingly pointed his spear at my face. "Looks like we found the betrayer." He says. "I did not betray you." "Oh really? Then why did you run?" "The falcons are our allies. We are not to fight them." I inform. "If that's so then why didn't you bring any one with you?" "I tried." The soldier thinks for a moment. "Maybe you didn't betray us after all." "Thank you." I say, with a sigh of relief. "But you are a coward, and that's even less respected than a betrayer. I should execute you here and now." I gulp. "Fortunately for you I'm not going to do that." "You're not?" I ask. "No, your friend has something we want." "My friend." I repeat. "Yeah, the pretty girl with the skull mask. She has a prisoner. We're exchanging you for him." I feel slight jubilation upon his words. "Well, come on! We haven't got all day."

No comments:

Post a Comment