Followers

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hunter's Story

Todd trudges through the forest with the hunter. Todd is dressed in chain mail and carries a broad sword. The sword is so heavy that he drags it most the time. The hunter, however, does not notice. He is many paces ahead. The hunter is dressed all in green, like Robin Hood, and he carries a bow.
"What's your story?" Todd asks. "What do you mean?" "I mean you obviously know something about these people." "I do." He replies simply. "Would you mind telling me what you know?" "No." "No, you don't mind?" Todd asks. "I'm not talking." "But you just did." Todd says, sneakily. The hunter sighs. "Very well, I can see my wits are no match for yours." The hunter turns his attention to Todd. He raises his eyebrow upon seeing him dragging his sword. "And my brawn is no match for yours." Todd quips. "My wife and I were once part of that tribe." "Why did you leave?" Todd questions. "Not everything is as it seems there. The people are blissfully unaware of their on underlining struggles." "That's how it is alot places." Todd interrupts. "I suppose. My wife and I woke up one day. We tried to get all our friends and family to do the same, but they would not." "So, is that why you were kicked out?" Todd asks. "We were not kicked out. We left on our own." "And they let you?" "They did. They assumed we had no power because no one would listen to us." "What did you do since then." The hunter shrugs. "We lived off the land. I would hunt, and my wife bake from anything that we could find.We tried to send food over to our loved ones, but then they stopped communicating, and the risks became too great. I had not seen or heard from anyone in the village for quite some time." The hunter rests his hand on Todd's shoulder. "But then you came around and I have reason to go back." The hunter slaps Todd on the back. "Stay awake. This could get dangerous."

No comments:

Post a Comment