Followers

Monday, December 21, 2015

Spy?

"Let me down!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I thrash my arms an legs about, hoping I can set myself free. It is no use, and I am met with strife as the hunter steps towards me. He aims his bow at my helpless body. "What's the meaning of spying on me?" He asks. "What are you talking about?" "You've been spying on me, and I don't like that one bit." "I haven't been spying on you." "Bullshit. Who sent you?" "Nobody sent me." I plead. He shoots an arrow. It comes within inches of my face. "The next one won't miss." He says. He strings another arrow and aims it at me. "Now, who sent you?" "Don't shoot." A voice calls out. I look off in the distance to see Todd dressed in chain mail. The hunter turns toward Todd. "And why shouldn't I?" "Because he's my employee. One of the one's we were looking for." Todd replies. "So he is a spy?" "He's not a spy and neither am I." The hunter eyes Todd. "Where's your sword?" "I had to drop it." "Why?" "So I could catch up to you."Todd says. The hunter stares at me in the tree. "Can he prove that he's not a spy?" "Call the falcons." Todd tells me. "I don't think that will prove I'm innocent." I reply. "Just do it." The hunter snaps. I put my thumb and index finger in my mouth. I let out a loud whistle. I am doubtful that this plan will work, but it's all I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment