Followers

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Torture the Boss

Do I enjoy torturing Todd? I do, but that's not why I sent him up the tree... ok, let me rephrase that. It wasn't the main reason I sent him up the tree. I had just injured myself in a fall. I couldn't climb myself. So I did what any one would do, I made their annoying boss, who just so happens to be afraid of heights climb the tree. He must have been shaking like a leaf. He shouted down to us several times, asking if he could come down. I told him he couldn't until we got Olivia and the falcons back. He waved his arms, manically, nearly falling over. "I don't see them anywhere." He shouts. "Try whistling." I tell him. He does just that. Much like when I whistled earlier, it feel to deaf ears. "They're not coming." He cries. "Wait." I insist. Soon after I utter that word a black swarm covers the sky. "I think they're here." He says nervously. "Wave your arms again." I instruct. Todd flails his arms. "How much longer do I do this for?" He asks. "Until they take shape and you can see the falcons." "And then what?" He asks. I take a deep breath. "Then you descend the tree as quickly as you can."

No comments:

Post a Comment