Followers

Sunday, December 27, 2015

They Return

Todd descended the tree faster than lightning. I thought for sure he was going to miss a branch and fall, but he made it down safely in one piece. He keeled over, panting, trying to catch his breath. I patted him on the back. "You did good." "Thanks, but what about him?" He asks, pointing to the hunter. "Oh yeah, you have to fall back." I say to him. "But why? They are on our side now." I point to myself and Todd. "They're on our side. You tried to kill them. It's gonna take a while for them to warm up to you." "He's right. They won't like you one bit." Todd adds. The hunter scoffs and walks off. I clap my hands together. "You ready, Todd." "Yes, I can do this." He says, his voice slightly steadier now. The black clouds of falcons descends with Olivia once again leading the way. Peter trails closely behind. They all safely land. "Thank God, you're ok." Peter says. "Yes, I'm happy you're alive and well too. Now get on." Olivia shouts. Todd starts to mount a falcon. Olivia observes me standing still. "Come on. It's not safe here." "We have an ally now." I reply. "Who?" Olivia asks. I don't respond. "Who?" She asks again. "You're not gonna like it." "Who is it?" "I'll show you who it is, but just you right now." Olivia looks around. "It'll be ok." I insist. She reluctantly hops off Penny. Olivia points to Peter. "I'll be right back. You'll be in charge in the mean time."

No comments:

Post a Comment