Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Switching Time

Olivia looked like a mythic warrior from yore. She stood on Penny in a confident, Wonder Woman pose. The pink bubble now enveloped her entire falcon army. "Here he is. Throw down your shield." One of my soldiers requested. "First you must throw down your weapons." She replies. The soldier nodded to men to disarm themselves. They did as they were instructed, carefully placing their spears on the ground. Olivia then removed her force field. She turned her attention to the prisoner. He was still mounted on a nearby falcon. "Go." She instructed. "Oh no. I'm not going back." He says. Aggravated, Olivia whistles. A falcon picks up the prisoner by his collar with its beak. The prisoner thrashes about with no luck. The falcon drops the prisoner right next to me. The soldier behind me quickly grabs his spear. "Don't worry. This is for him, not you." He assures me. He points the spear at the soldier. I'm dumbfounded, unsure if I should trust his word. "Go on, go to your lady." He insists. I walk backwards to Olivia, keeping an eye on him the whole time. The backwards walk causes me to bump into a falcon, but at that point I know I am safe. "Thank you." Olivia says to the soldier. The soldier grunts. "I'll bring this man back to the dungeon then I'll tell Ruth that you were lost in battle. But I better not see you around here again." I shake my head. "That's fair enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment