Followers

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Behind Glass

Once I signed the contact, Ruth took me to a small room with a one way mirror. One the other side was a handful of the army men. They were brute, strong men, and it was clear they were all eager for battle as I saw several of them bang on their chests in an animalistic fashion. "What do you think?" Ruth asks. "Am I in charge of them?" "You are." "And this is the whole army?" "It's only a hand full. The rest I have on reserves." I stare on in amazement. "What do you want me to do with them?" I ask. "You're the general." She replies. "But I don't know anything about this sort of thing." "Don't worry. This is a time of peace. You won't be calling them into battle." "Then what do you need them for?" Ruth half smiles. "Round up all the prisoners you freed." I slowly nod. "I suppose you want to lock up the jester as well?" "I do, but that idiot will probably escaped again if I did.You sure you don't want him executed?" "I'd prefer if you didn't." I say. "Very well. Just know that his power will be limited." "That's fine." Ruth rests her hand on the doorknob. "Enough with the small talk. It's time for you to meet your army."

No comments:

Post a Comment