Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Meet the Army

The army, as it turns out was actually in a fenced in area outside. They all bowed as soon as we made our presence known. "Arise, my men. I have news for you." Ruth says. "What is it, my lady? One of them asks. Ruth rests her hand on my shoulder. "The man you see before me will lead you now." They all groan."You can't be serious." One shouts. "I am." "But why him?" A soldier in the front row asks. "Why not him?" She snaps back. "Look at him, he wears a red cloth of some sort." Ruth examines my cape. "Does this fabric cause you distaste?" She questions. "It does!" A random soldier shouts. "Too bad. He is your general now, and that's that." "But how is he to lead us?" "I don't know, you ask him." Ruth replies. She then goes back into the room, leaving me alone with my army. I nervously grin. "So what are we to do?" One asks. I take a deep breath. "We have prisoners to catch. No more time to waste."

No comments:

Post a Comment