Followers

Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Familiar Scene



"This looks familiar." I shout to Olivia while digging in the snow. "What do you mean?" She asks. "Remember a few months back? We were atop of a mountain looking for something?" Olivia stops digging and looks up to me. "How quickly you forget." She says. "What?" "We dug before we started climbing." "Tomato tomatoe." Olivia smiles and continues digging. "Makes you wonder though? Doesn't it?" I ask. "About what?" "It's a similar situation. What if we're back here because we still have more to learn?" Olivia slows her digging and slants her head. "Like what?" I shrug. "I don't know. But I'll be honest, I was expecting something big after." Olivia furrows her brow. "Something big did happen. We saw a giant floating head that you said was your guardian angel." She explains. "No, I mean something that would stay with us." Olivia has a blank expression. "That's something that will stay with me." "I mean something big." "I think that was big." "I mean...I don't know what I mean." Olivia walks over to my side and tries to comfort me. "You ok?" She asks. I look down at my hands. They are bright red. "My hands are cold." Olivia cups my hands. "I think we should stop." I look to the sky. The snow is picking up once more. If we don't stop now, we may go the way of the sled. Lost to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment