Followers

Thursday, February 12, 2015

On the Surface



Mr. Bones gives us both a boost. We have to be careful pulling ourselves up. Making sure not to touch the blades. Not an easy task. The opening in the ceiling is just wide enough to squeeze through one at a time. I attempt to use the drill as a ladder at first. It's menacing appearance proved more intimidating than I had anticipated. I relied solely on any upper body strength I might have. It was daunting. There wasn't anything to grab hold of. I made it though, and when I arrived at the top, I pulled Olivia up. On the surface we were confronted by a large charcoal grey construction vehicle. The vehicle itself looked like it could be the villain from an animated movie about deforestation. Behind the massive drill were leering headlights and a grill that resembled a grin. The vehicle had four colossal tires. The kind that are used for monster trucks. The operator of the machine peeks out from his window. He's far away , but I can tell he has days stubble and is wearing a durag. He shouts to us. "Thanks for the find."

No comments:

Post a Comment