Followers

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Bouncer



A huge man in his mid thirties blocks our entrance to the Warehouse. He has a square jaw. He almost looks like a classic drawing of Superman, except minus the blue hair and high moral standards. "Who are you?" He says , in a gruff tone. "You treat all your guests like this?" Olivia asks. He stares hard into her eyes. "We weren't expecting guests." His inflection becoming deeper. He's obviously trying to intimidate us. "Sure you were. Spike invited is." I respond. The man relaxes his stare. "The Spike?" He asks. Olivia giggles to herself. I try to keep a straight face. "What's so funny?" He demands. The words slightly muffled through his jaw. "Come on, the Spike? Is that really necessary?" I snicker. The man..the bouncer...whatever he is, stands intensely in silence. "He is a very important man." "Taking credit for other's discoveries is important." I mutter under my breath. He snaps his head. "Excuse me?" Olivia whispers in my ear. "You still wanna do this?" "They have free food, right?" I ask, in my normal voice. The bouncer jumps in our conversation. "There are hors d'oeuvres." I nudge Olivia. "You hear that? They have hors d' oeuvres?" The bouncer rolls his eyes. "Does that mean you'll be joining us?" I look to Olivia. "It's up to you." She says. "Well, if it's up to me, Hell yeah! Free food!" I reply. The bouncer steps aside, allowing us entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment