Followers

Friday, February 20, 2015

The Big Apple



New York City! Home of Seinfeld, the Yankees, Spider - Man, and all sorts of iconic gems. I have never been. Never thought I'd have the chance to go. I assumed it was one of those places I'd imagine myself visiting, but never get the opportunity to. Fate is strange like that. We were going to leave that small town and wander aimlessly. Before we had the chance to make our escape Spike invited us to a Gala in Manhattan. It could be guilt, or he's attempting to rub it further in our faces. I honestly don't care whatever his motivation was. I'm in New York! I'm in a yellow cab , staring out my window, marveling at the skyscrapers. The taxi driver can tell I'm an out of towner. I see him roll his eyes in the rear view mirror. Why should I care though? I'm the one with his hair neatly combed. I'm the one wearing a spiffy suit, and I'm the one with my girl by my side ready to take this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment