Followers

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I Spy

I Spy is a great game. It's a fun way to pass the hours. Wonderful if you have a colorful setting to choose from many objects that catch your eye. Even better if all of the participants playing have a brain with working memory. I am in a dark, damp cave. Hardly the the setting for a grandiose game of I Spy. "I Spy something red." Mr. Bones announces. I groan as I rub my hands in my face. " Is it my cape?" I ask. "Yeah, how did you get that?" He asks. " Because you did that one 5 times. That and it's the only red thing here." I tell him. " No, what about the red rose in her hair?" He says pointing to Olivia's rose with his stumpy arm. "My turn." Olivia shouts. She earnestly views her surroundings. Trying to find something that will really make us think. " I spy with my little eye something that is black." Mr. Bones points behind Olivia. " Is it the shadow over there?" "No." He points to another area behind me. "Is it the shadow over there?" "No." "Is it the black in your dress?" I ask. "No, but that was a good one." She says. Mr. Bones points to me. "Is it his black shirt?" He asks, mirroring my question. "No." Mr. Bones snaps his fingers. "Rats. Ok, is it that shadow over there?" "No, do you guys give up?" She asks. Mr. Bones hangs his head. "Alas, I was not meant to win this round." He says. Olivia turns to me. "Do you give up?" "Yeah." I say. Olivia gazes deep into my eyes. Even though she is wearing her sugar skull mask , I know she is smiling. "It's your pupils." She tells me. Mr. Bones leans in, as if he is love struck as well. "Aw, ain't that romantic?" Olivia is about to give me a nice kiss when Mr. Bones' right hand enters. It jumps up and down. "I see you have good news." Mr. Bones says to his hand. The hand points its "neck" up to the ceiling. "Really?" The hand jumps up and down excitedly. " That's great. Now come back to me. I missed you." Mr. Bones says happily. He grabs the rouge hand and reattaches it to his wrist. "What did it say?" I ask. "He found someone to drill a hole and get us out of here." He says, casually. "What?" Olivia and I shout in unison. "Someone is gonna drill a hole and we'll be free." "Are you serious?" I ask. "Oh yeah, and you might want to get to sides as best yu can because I have a feeling he's gonna start any minuet."

No comments:

Post a Comment