Followers

Monday, February 16, 2015

Excavating

A team of excavators tear through the snowy hilltop. A sad sight if you ask me. We're destroying a natural wonder just to unearth treasure. Maybe I'm looking too into this. Olivia and I stand a few feet away and watch it all unfold. " You think Douglass and Sheri know about this?" I ask. " I have a feeling we're not on their property anymore." "Or it's out of their hands." I add. Our "friend" with the durag and days stubble walks towards us. " Mind if I join you?" He asks. "Be my guest." I say. He stands next to me. He is massive. His biceps are about the size of my face. He could snap me like a twig if he wished. "Names Spike by the way." He says to us. We shake his hand and continue to watch the digging. "When I was in fifth grade, I learned about these boys from France or some sort of European country. Anyways they liked to go out exploring. One day, one them stumbled into a cave. Turns out that cave was centuries old. We're talking B.C. old." Spike pauses and looks admiringly at the sight. " That cave became a museum. Ever since I heard that story, I wanted to find my own cave." "Then why are you doing this?" I ask. Spike turns to me, puzzled. " I don't understand." He tells me. "You're destroying the cave." I inform him. " No, I'm not. I had to do this." He insists. "Why would you?" Olivia asks. Spike sighs. Our questions are tiring him. " This would be the only way to get in and out of there safely. I already called the local news. Hopefully we can get someone to carbon date bones soon, and air lift him out of here." "Then what?" Olivia asks. Spike grins. "Then the real fun begins."

No comments:

Post a Comment