Followers

Friday, February 13, 2015

The Find



"What find?" I ask the man driving the nightmare machine. "That hole you just crawled out of? That's dollar signs for me." He replies. "There's nothing there." Olivia tells him. The man spits a wad of tobacco. Its disgusting blackish texture leaves a mark on the otherwise pristine snow. "Bullshit." He says wiping his lips. "No, it's true. There's nothing down there." I explain. "You came out of there, didn't you?" He asks. "Yes." I respond,not sure where he is going with this. "Then there must be something down there." He reasons. "We were simply trapped, and now you saved us. There's no reason to go in." I elaborate. The man shakes his head. "You're liars! I don't like liars." He opens his door. "I'm going in myself." He continues. I put my hands out. "Stop! We'll go ourselves." I shout. "You'll go down there?" He says, with one foot on the monstrous tire. "Yes, we will." Olivia confirms. "Why would you want to do that?" "I'm taking a stab in the dark, but I'm guessing you don't care much for going in and out of that thing more than you have to." I explain. "Yeah, so we go down there, collect whatever we find, and you bring us back." Olivia adds. He steps back into his vehicle without saying a word. He shuts the door and stares at us for a moment. He then shoos us away,saying "Go on."

No comments:

Post a Comment