Followers

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Crawling Through



Reach for the light. Reach for something better. Crawl through. Dig! Dig! That's it, almost there. I can't see a thing , but the layers of snow seem to be loosening up. That can only mean one thing. One glorious thing. Freedom! I punch my hand through the top layer. To my surprise, no light shines in. Makes me wonder how long were we buried. Then again, it could just be a cloudy day. At any rate, I make the opening wider and crawl through. I pull Olivia in when I make it all the way through. I try to stand, but my head hits a rock. I hunch over while rubbing the back of my head. "We appear to be in a cave." "How do you think we go here?" Olivia asks. "Beats me." I hear a match strike behind me. I shift as best as I can in this tiny cave. To my surprise, I see the faint flicker of a cigarette illuminating the face( or lack there of ) of Mr. Bones. He takes the cigarette out of his mouth. " What? I'm just as surprised as you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment