Followers

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cave Fall



Entering the cave proved to be trickier than exiting. When you're exiting, you can see everything ahead of you. Not so much when you are entering. There is a narrow space between the drill and the opening. You can't use the drill to climb down. It will slice your hands and feet. All you can do is swing your body away from the drill and hope the fall doesn't hurt. I had seen monkeys do similar feats at the zoo dozens of times. They fly from trees with ease. Looked like a piece of cake. I should have known. Anything that appears easy, usually isn't. I was cocky as I entered. I plopped into the hole. My cape was immediately snagged on the drill. I didn't mind though. What was another rip? I tried to let go and drop, but I was tethered good. Fortunately, ( or unfortunately depending how you view it) that stuck feeling didn't last. I heard a tearing noise. My cape separated itself from the drill. I dropped straight down. My feet weren't positioned right, so I fell, hitting the ground hard. "Are you ok?" Olivia asks from the surface. "Yeah." I respond with a groan. I was on my back and could see Olivia attempting to enter. "No, don't!" I yell. "But you're hurt.""I know, but it's too dangerous." "I can handle myself. I must take care of you." "I'll be fine. You should keep an eye on that guy. I don't trust him." Olivia sighs. " I guess we both don't need to be down there. But talk to Mr. Bones. Figure a way out of this mess."

No comments:

Post a Comment